RE Teacher Weekend Seminars 2007
This seminars topics for this year's conference have been chosen to tie in with the title of the weekend:
"RE in the centre - the importance and relevance of R.E. in the 21st Century"
The programme covers a broad range of current topics and issues, with a mix of sessions covering both specialist and statutory issues.
The seminars are led by experienced, and are intended to educate, enthuse, promote discussion and ultimately aid teaching practice.
Over the weekend all delegates will attend four seminars. Seminars are marked as relevant to primary or secondary, or as generalist sessions, relevant to all.
In addition to the 4 seminars, all delegates will attend one of two plenary sessions being held at the weekend – one relating to primary and one to secondary
Click on the title for more information about the content and its leader.
- Creative Storybags for RE: Making RE Fun, Relevant and Challenging
- Exciting Primary RE with the Renewed Literacy Strategy
- Experiential Learning through Godly Play
- Family Values in the Hindu Context
- ICT and RE for Primary I
- ICT and RE for Primary II
- The Journey of Life: an Inspiring Theme for Learning from Religion in Key Stage 2
- Leadership, Management and Self-Evaluation in Primary Religious Education
- Let’s Get Active!
- Making the Most of the National Framework for RE at Primary Level
- Practical Approaches to Assessment of Pupils’ Progress at Key Stages 1 & 2
- RE is Really Fun!
- Resources for Primary RE
- Role of Narrative in Teaching Religion (Hinduism) at Key Stages 1 to 3
- Teaching Christianity at Foundation stage: Making RE relevant for 3-5 year olds
- Citizenship and Values Education
- Developments in A Level Religious Studies: Are they theological enough?
- Enhancing, Developing and Creating Challenging RE with ICT
- Evil: a Theme for RE 13 - 17
- GCSE RS
- How to Lead a Successful RE Department
- Leadership, Management and Self-Evaluation in Secondary Religious Education
- Making the Most of the National Framework for RE at Secondary Level
- Meeting the Needs of All in Secondary RE: some issues and practicalities
- Meeting the Needs of Auditory, Visual and Kinaesthetic Learners
- Raising Standards in RE
- RE and Community Cohesion
- Reaching Level 5 and Beyond (without crampons, grips, helmets or ropes!)
- Reconciling Religious and Non-Religious World-Views
- Risky, Edgy RE
- Role of Pluralism in Religious Education for a Multi-Faith Society
- Science and Religion
- SEAL and RE
- Teaching About the Holocaust: Resources and teaching methods for secondary school teachers
- Thinking about Ethics in RE Learning
Primary & Secondary
- Changing Minds: Making Research in Religious Education Valuable
- Handling Controversial Issues: the pivotal role of RE
- Introduction to the Theatre of Learning
- Planning & Organising School Visits
- Shaping the Spirit: Promoting Spiritual Development in Schools
- Values Education: RE at the Centre –Spiritual education, but please don’t mention religion!
- What Do We Mean By Learning From Religion (AT2)?
Many of the seminars will contain material suitable and relevant to SEN teaching; those listed below will include content aimed specifically at SEN.
Let’s Get Active! (see above)
Making the Most of the National Framework for RE at Primary Level (see above)
Leadership, Management and Self-Evaluation in Secondary Religious Education (see above)
Making the Most of the National Framework for RE at Secondary Level (see above)
Meeting the Needs of All in Secondary RE: some issues and practicalities (see above)
Seminar topics are suggested both by our invited professionals, and by past attendees. If you have any comments or suggestions for topics and issues that you would like to see covered at future Weekends please do contact us with your ideas.